Saturday, August 25, 2012

AIO Tuning Recommendations

Parameters for tuning asynchronous I/O
  • minservers The minimum number of aioservers that are started for asynchronous disk I/O. The default value is 1
  • maxservers The maximum number of aioservers that are started for asynchronous disk I/O. The default value is 10. Since each aioserver uses memory, this number should not be much larger than the
    expected amount of simultaneous asynchronous disk I/O requests
  • maxreqs Maximum number of asynchronous disk I/O requests that can be stored in the queue. The default value is 4096
Tuning Recommendations
  • minserver : 2 or Number of CPUs -1, whatever is larger
  • maxserver : Two times the number of datafiles
  • maxreqs : 12288
  • for large systems the number of aioserver processes may become very large and the maximum number of processes per user has to be adopted

No comments:

Post a Comment